Re: [midatlanticretro] A way we can help InfoAge -- please read

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 7, 2012
      Bernie S's surplus place will have vga displays. Would give money to a charity
      --
      Sent from my PDP 8/e.
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 7, 2012
        Clarifying my earlier statement about BernieS's affiliation with a surplus
        PC shop .. they have a ton of CRT VGA displays, probably have to pay to
        have them recycled, they would benefit from finding a way to get rid of
        them perhaps, or maybe InfoAge would split the charity donation. Not sure
        if BernieS checks this board.

        Bill

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 7, 2012
          On 11/06/2012 11:03 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

          > They need 100 monitors:
          > - they must be 1990s
          > - they must be Super VGA
          > - they must work
          > - they must have typical off-white case
          > - they must be 15-17 inches

          Dang! I'm good up to here. Can we stretch the size to include a 19" ;-)

          Let me check to see what I still have.

          http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
          http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog
        • Douglas
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 7, 2012

            > Here's a whole other film prop project that would greatly benefit InfoAge and would also score big brownie points for MARCH.
            >
            > I was contacted about a production company that's working on a MAJOR hollywood film.
            >
            > They need 100 monitors:
            > - they must be 1990s
            > - they must be Super VGA
            > - they must work
            > - they must be 15-17 inches
            > - they must have typical off-white case
            >
            > InfoAge stands to make $50/monitor.
            > I forwarded this request to all the InfoAge group leaders. I promised that if MARCH has any to spare from our own collection, then we'll donate them to the cause, and I urged the other groups to do the same.
            >
            > But, we need to gather the monitors in one location within a week or two. Obviously we are not inclined to deal with shipping.
            >
            > If anybody has monitors that meet ALL of the above rules, and if you can get them to InfoAge in a week or two, and if you're willing to donate them -- then that would be awesome.
            >
            > InfoAge need not produce all 100 monitors. We just need a decent fraction of them to make it worthwhile for the film company.

            I have a handful that could be liberated.
            I should be in the vicinity of the park within 2 weeks.
            It would be a chance to stop in and see the museum too :)

            Dell D1728D-LS
            http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/dta/04036/00000001.htm

            Sony CDP E100
            http://www.docs.sony.com/release/specs/CPDE200_mksp.pdf

            KDS 555
            http://monitors.alege.net/KDS-Visual-Sensations-555-White-15-inCRT-Conventional-Monitor.html

            Several just outside the requirements, but if they change their minds...

            (Too Small)
            Digiview HR-45
            http://www.ramplus.com/dig14vgacrtm.html

            (Too new?)
            2 Viewsonic e70f's, but I think they are too new. Flat CRT:
            http://www.viewsoniceurope.com/uk/products/archive/e70f.htm