Re: [midatlanticretro] Edmund Scientific

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 6, 2012
      On 11/06/2012 04:47 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
      >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmund_Scientific_Corporation
      >>>
      >>> I found an add in a 1973 Popular Electronics Feb 1973 page 130 "New
      >>> Electronic Digital Computer Kit"
      >>>
      >>> They were based in Barrigton, NJ.
      >>
      >> I didn't know that their store had closed. This is very sad to hear.
      >> I was there many times as a kid. Their "surplus room" was a blast!
      >
      > I'd love to see one of those kits.

      I never saw any at the store; I'm sure they were long gone by then. I
      started going there in my early teens, early-mid 1980s.

      Someone's got to have one of those stashed away somewhere.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 6, 2012
        Google says Norman Edmund died in January this year.
      • joshbensadon
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 6, 2012

          Nice ad, wish the picture was bigger. From the description they said it runs from 2 D sized batteries and was modeled from "giant electronic brains". Could it be a version of the "Simon" computer?