Re: DC 100A Tape Belts

  • joshbensadon
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 5, 2012
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "philippe_elie" <philippe-elie@...> wrote:

      > I'd be glad if someone can sell me cartridges - I unfortunately lost an eBay auction advertising 9 new cartridges :( - or point me towards someone whose is wiling to sell out some of his stock...
      > I emailed Mike at soemtron yesterday as it was mentioned in this group that they have 2 new to sell but I think they are gone already (while they still show on their website).

      I don't think even new tapes will help. I bought 2 new tapes, in their original plastic. I opened them up like a kid on Christmas, then tried to remove the belt and transfer it to an old tape. The first one broke as I opened the case, I guess one of the wheels got caught on the top lid? I opened the 2nd tape more carefully, but when I tried to lift the belt off one of the rollers, that belt just ripped.

      There is no solution, but to buy new belts. I am in the process of finding and ordering some new belts, perhaps you would like to split the bill with me and go 50/50?

      Cheers,
      Josh
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 5, 2012
        cricklewood electronics have a range of belts

        http://www.cricklewoodelectronics.com/Cricklewood/home.php?cat=269

        Dave Wade G4UGM
        Illegitimi Non Carborundum

      • joshbensadon
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 5, 2012
          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dave.g4ugm@...> wrote:

          > cricklewood electronics have a range of belts
          >
          > http://www.cricklewoodelectronics.com/Cricklewood/home.php?cat=269
          >

          > Dave Wade G4UGM
          > Illegitimi Non Carborundum

          Thanks Dave, Good to know! I checked their inventory and they don't have the right size, but always good to know where to go!