RE: [midatlanticretro] 5.25" 10 Hard Sector Disks

  • Kelly D. Leavitt
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 1, 2012
      > Some of the guys on the SEBHC google group had some punches machined to
      > make hard-sectored diskettes out of soft-sectored. Ask for Dwight Elvey.

      I have one of the punches if you would like to borrow it.
    • Systems Glitch
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 2, 2012
        > I have one of the punches if you would like to borrow it.

        I'd like to give it a try...I've head the punches tend to leave a dimple in the diskette cookie, which rubs against the sleeve. I have a pile of soft-sector disks I can try in the punch though, and if I get 10-20 good hard sector disks, that should be sufficient for personal use.

        Thanks,
        Jonathan
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 3, 2012
          Rumors of using camp evans for temporary housing?
          --
          Sent from my PDP 8/e.
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 3, 2012
            >> Rumors of using camp evans for temporary housing?

            Doesn't sound realistic. InfoAge does not have the resources; whereas FM has modern barracks. But I'll text Fred just to check.
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 3, 2012
              Fred responds: "No one has mentioned this to us and no gov persons were at Camp Evans this evening"
            • Jeffrey Brace
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 4, 2012
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 5, 2012
                  > >Rumors of using camp evans for temporary housing?

                  If anyone needs temp housing, don't forget Red Cross. My family and I have been working at several Red Cross shelters in Burlington County during the past week. One of the overflow shelters had no power, so a group of us were busy getting generators running and power maintained, but that shelter has since been shut down because it wasn't needed.

                  Bob