Re: 5.25" 10 Hard Sector Disks

  • joshbensadon
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 31, 2012
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Systems Glitch <systems.glitch@...> wrote:

      > All,
      >
      > I'm looking for 10-sector 5.25" hard sectored floppies for use with my NorthStar controller. I know these are really difficult to find. I'd

      Could a drive be modified to provide 10 index pulses per revolution? Synchronized with the single index pulse of the common disk.

      Just a thought.

      Josh
    • Kelly D. Leavitt
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 1 10:10 AM
        > Some of the guys on the SEBHC google group had some punches machined to
        > make hard-sectored diskettes out of soft-sectored. Ask for Dwight Elvey.

        I have one of the punches if you would like to borrow it.
      • Systems Glitch
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 2 12:06 PM
          > I have one of the punches if you would like to borrow it.

          I'd like to give it a try...I've head the punches tend to leave a dimple in the diskette cookie, which rubs against the sleeve. I have a pile of soft-sector disks I can try in the punch though, and if I get 10-20 good hard sector disks, that should be sufficient for personal use.

          Thanks,
          Jonathan
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 3 7:27 PM
            Rumors of using camp evans for temporary housing?
            --
            Sent from my PDP 8/e.
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 3 8:27 PM
              >> Rumors of using camp evans for temporary housing?

              Doesn't sound realistic. InfoAge does not have the resources; whereas FM has modern barracks. But I'll text Fred just to check.
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 3 8:55 PM
                Fred responds: "No one has mentioned this to us and no gov persons were at Camp Evans this evening"
              • Jeffrey Brace
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 4 9:06 PM
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 5 4:14 AM
                    > >Rumors of using camp evans for temporary housing?

                    If anyone needs temp housing, don't forget Red Cross. My family and I have been working at several Red Cross shelters in Burlington County during the past week. One of the overflow shelters had no power, so a group of us were busy getting generators running and power maintained, but that shelter has since been shut down because it wasn't needed.

                    Bob