Re: [midatlanticretro] 5.25" 10 Hard Sector Disks

    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 31, 2012
      -------- Original Message --------

      I opened a new box of Wabash disks this weekend while we were working on N*
      DOS stuff (10 hard sectored), but they were decomposing / unreliable. I
      have used 10-sector disks, few new or barely used. Running low myself.

      Bill
    • joshbensadon
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 31, 2012
        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Systems Glitch <systems.glitch@...> wrote:

        > All,
        >
        > I'm looking for 10-sector 5.25" hard sectored floppies for use with my NorthStar controller. I know these are really difficult to find. I'd

        Could a drive be modified to provide 10 index pulses per revolution? Synchronized with the single index pulse of the common disk.

        Just a thought.

        Josh
      • Kelly D. Leavitt
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 1, 2012
          > Some of the guys on the SEBHC google group had some punches machined to
          > make hard-sectored diskettes out of soft-sectored. Ask for Dwight Elvey.

          I have one of the punches if you would like to borrow it.
        • Systems Glitch
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 2, 2012
            > I have one of the punches if you would like to borrow it.

            I'd like to give it a try...I've head the punches tend to leave a dimple in the diskette cookie, which rubs against the sleeve. I have a pile of soft-sector disks I can try in the punch though, and if I get 10-20 good hard sector disks, that should be sufficient for personal use.

            Thanks,
            Jonathan
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 3, 2012
              Rumors of using camp evans for temporary housing?
              --
              Sent from my PDP 8/e.
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 3, 2012
                >> Rumors of using camp evans for temporary housing?

                Doesn't sound realistic. InfoAge does not have the resources; whereas FM has modern barracks. But I'll text Fred just to check.
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 3, 2012
                  Fred responds: "No one has mentioned this to us and no gov persons were at Camp Evans this evening"
                • Jeffrey Brace
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 4, 2012
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 5, 2012
                      > >Rumors of using camp evans for temporary housing?

                      If anyone needs temp housing, don't forget Red Cross. My family and I have been working at several Red Cross shelters in Burlington County during the past week. One of the overflow shelters had no power, so a group of us were busy getting generators running and power maintained, but that shelter has since been shut down because it wasn't needed.

                      Bob