Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Hazletine 1510

    Message 1 of 42 , Oct 31, 2012

      > On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 12:47:52AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
      > > > BTW, I would LOVE to find a working Hazeltine 2000, if any still
      exist. I say
      > > > working, since I believe that these had core memory in them, and
      would be
      > > > difficult to authentically repair.
      > >
      > > Difficult, but not impossible! (I've done component-level repair on
      > > core memory systems...not in the mat, though!)
      > >
      > On the pdp8 list their have been a couple unsuccessful core mat repairs
      and
      > one sucessful repair where they managed to pull a new wire in to replace
      > the broken one. The component level repair isn't that much different
      than
      > any other though a scope current probe use useful.

      I just gave a 2000 to Ian this weekend...the core is functional. You can
      fill the screen with text, turn it off, and the text will be there when you
      turn it on again. Needs power supply repairs. I cleaned the keyboard,
      etc. Should be fully restore-able.

      Bill
    • evan@snarc.net
      Message 42 of 42 , Dec 20, 2012
        >>> Straight-8 repair is reserved for Gesswein, with McGuire etc. as apprentice.

        >> "Apprentice", eh? ;)

        For that particular computer, yes.