Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Hazletine 1510

  • David Gesswein
    Message 1 of 42 , Oct 31, 2012
      On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 12:47:52AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
      > > BTW, I would LOVE to find a working Hazeltine 2000, if any still exist. I say
      > > working, since I believe that these had core memory in them, and would be
      > > difficult to authentically repair.
      >
      > Difficult, but not impossible! (I've done component-level repair on
      > core memory systems...not in the mat, though!)

      On the pdp8 list their have been a couple unsuccessful core mat repairs and
      one sucessful repair where they managed to pull a new wire in to replace
      the broken one. The component level repair isn't that much different than
      any other though a scope current probe use useful.
    • evan@snarc.net
      Message 42 of 42 , Dec 20, 2012
        >>> Straight-8 repair is reserved for Gesswein, with McGuire etc. as apprentice.

        >> "Apprentice", eh? ;)

        For that particular computer, yes.