LSI-11 Floppy Controller Boards?

  • Kyle Owen
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2012
      I got these two boards today from a friend. He thought I could use them. From my little bit of research, I'd say they went to a PDP-11 or clone. I think they are 8" floppy controllers. I actually don't have a use for them, as I have nothing but PCs, S-100 and SS-50 machines. Maybe someday I'll get some minicomputers, but likely not anytime soon. If someone's interested in these, I'd certainly consider a trade for some S-100 boards.

      If anyone has any more info on these, or Sigma Information Systems in general, it'd be much appreciated!

      Album is here: http://imgur.com/a/73akO

      Kyle
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 30, 2012
        On 10/30/2012 11:28 PM, Kyle Owen wrote:
        > I got these two boards today from a friend. He thought I could use them.
        > From my little bit of research, I'd say they went to a PDP-11 or clone.
        > I think they are 8" floppy controllers. I actually don't have a use for
        > them, as I have nothing but PCs, S-100 and SS-50 machines. Maybe someday
        > I'll get some minicomputers, but likely not anytime soon. If someone's
        > interested in these, I'd certainly consider a trade for some S-100 boards.
        >
        > If anyone has any more info on these, or Sigma Information Systems in
        > general, it'd be much appreciated!
        >
        > Album is here: http://imgur.com/a/73akO

        Sigma made a lot of fairly nice third-party DEC stuff. Everything
        from boards to chassis.

        These boards connect to Shugart SA-801 (or similar) drives and emulate
        a pair of RX01 or RX02 drives.

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ