Re: [midatlanticretro] Hope all you guys and infoage is ok

  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 29, 2012
      Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

      >On 10/29/2012 07:44 PM, system@... wrote: >> If
      >that were the case, there wouldn't be much of an issue. > > 10 mins to
      >the shore for me; it's just not that big an issue. There have > been a
      >few power line glitches and the phone is out (Yeah!!!), but there > is
      >not as much rain as I've experienced with some of our worst noreasters.
      >> Right along the shore, there is storm surge. I do hope people there
      >and > on the barrier islands got out, but there's really nothing else
      >that seems > all that severe from my vantage point. Being that it's
      >late fall, it is > one hell of a mess out there thought from all the
      >leaves that have been > blown about.
      >
      > I am hundreds of miles away from there and just fixed a water problem
      >in my basement.

      Basement here is dry. I put the extension leaders on the downspouts
      yesterday and some plastic pipe to carry the water to the street curb.

      > The pier on which I spent a lot of my growing-up years appears to be
      >gone.

      I believe that. The surf is extremely angry. Storm and astronomical
      high tide from the full moon. That's not a pleasant combination for
      those immediate shoreline dwellers. I lived a block from the beach
      when Gloria came up the NJ coast. The apartments on the first floor
      got flooded out. I lived on the second. I had to wade in water to
      my groin to get out the next day. A little farther inland is safer
      and much drier! :)