Hope all you guys and infoage is ok

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 29, 2012
      Crossing fingers that everyone gets through this
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 29, 2012
        I heard from several MARCHins in central/southern NJ who lost power and/or saw trees down. I'm fine up in north NJ -- rain and wind, but I have power and the house is dry. No report on InfoAge. I assume we'll find out tomorrow morning/afternoon. When I know, then I'll post here.
      • J. Alexander Jacocks
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 29, 2012
          On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 5:40 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

          I heard from several MARCHins in central/southern NJ who lost power and/or saw trees down. I'm fine up in north NJ -- rain and wind, but I have power and the house is dry. No report on InfoAge. I assume we'll find out tomorrow morning/afternoon. When I know, then I'll post here.

          Same down here in Queenstown, MD (on the Chesapeake Bay), so far.  Very heavy rain and wind, the bridges are closed, but so far, so good.

          It can't last, methinks.

          - Alex

          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 29, 2012
            On 10/29/2012 05:47 PM, J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:
            > I heard from several MARCHins in central/southern NJ who lost power
            > and/or saw trees down. I'm fine up in north NJ -- rain and wind, but
            > I have power and the house is dry. No report on InfoAge. I assume
            > we'll find out tomorrow morning/afternoon. When I know, then I'll
            > post here.
            >
            > Same down here in Queenstown, MD (on the Chesapeake Bay), so far. Very
            > heavy rain and wind, the bridges are closed, but so far, so good.
            >
            > It can't last, methinks.

            Wow, you're right in the thick of things; I thought you were closer to
            Laurel. Good luck, man.

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 29, 2012
              And there goes the power. :(
              Message 6 of 16 , Oct 29, 2012
                On 10/29/2012 06:13 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
                > And there goes the power. :(

                Crap! Good luck my friend.

                Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                Message 7 of 16 , Oct 29, 2012
                  > And there goes the power. :(

                  It came back on. Then went off again. Then returned. On, for now...
                • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                  Message 8 of 16 , Oct 29, 2012
                    Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

                    >On 10/29/2012 05:47 PM, J. Alexander Jacocks wrote: > I heard from
                    >several MARCHins in central/southern NJ who lost power > and/or saw
                    >trees down. I'm fine up in north NJ -- rain and wind, but > I have
                    >power and the house is dry. No report on InfoAge. I assume > we'll
                    >find out tomorrow morning/afternoon. When I know, then I'll > post
                    >here. > > Same down here in Queenstown, MD (on the Chesapeake Bay), so
                    >far. Very > heavy rain and wind, the bridges are closed, but so far, so
                    >good. > > It can't last, methinks.
                    >
                    > Wow, you're right in the thick of things; I thought you were closer to
                    >Laurel. Good luck, man.

                    It's just a lot of wind!
                    Message 9 of 16 , Oct 29, 2012
                      On 10/29/2012 06:20 PM, system@... wrote:
                      > Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:
                      >
                      >> On 10/29/2012 05:47 PM, J. Alexander Jacocks wrote: > I heard from
                      >> several MARCHins in central/southern NJ who lost power > and/or saw
                      >> trees down. I'm fine up in north NJ -- rain and wind, but > I have
                      >> power and the house is dry. No report on InfoAge. I assume > we'll
                      >> find out tomorrow morning/afternoon. When I know, then I'll > post
                      >> here. > > Same down here in Queenstown, MD (on the Chesapeake Bay), so
                      >> far. Very > heavy rain and wind, the bridges are closed, but so far, so
                      >> good. > > It can't last, methinks.
                      >>
                      >> Wow, you're right in the thick of things; I thought you were closer to
                      >> Laurel. Good luck, man.
                      >
                      > It's just a lot of wind!

                      If that were the case, there wouldn't be much of an issue.

                      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                      New Kensington, PA
                    • Christian Liendo
                      Message 10 of 16 , Oct 29, 2012
                        >From: Evan Koblentz <evan@...>
                        >I'm fine up in north NJ

                        I'm on the 11th floor of the NYTimes building.. and the building is creaking... Blah!!!
                      • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                        Message 11 of 16 , Oct 29, 2012
                          Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

                          > If that were the case, there wouldn't be much of an issue.

                          10 mins to the shore for me; it's just not that big an issue. There have
                          been a few power line glitches and the phone is out (Yeah!!!), but there
                          is not as much rain as I've experienced with some of our worst noreasters.
                          Right along the shore, there is storm surge. I do hope people there and
                          on the barrier islands got out, but there's really nothing else that seems
                          all that severe from my vantage point. Being that it's late fall, it is
                          one hell of a mess out there thought from all the leaves that have been
                          blown about.
                        • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                          Message 12 of 16 , Oct 29, 2012
                            Christian Liendo <christian_liendo@...> writes:

                            >--CMlyZvg5cHFe2pqjxeURzy3QejSG3QE3HAPiljR Content-Type: text/plain;
                            >charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
                            >
                            >>From: Evan Koblentz <evan@...> >I'm fine up in north NJ=A0
                            >

                            >I'm on the 11th floor of the NYTimes building.. and the building is
                            >creakin= g... Blah!!!

                            Take the elevator to the 1st floor! :)
                            Message 13 of 16 , Oct 29, 2012
                              On 10/29/2012 07:44 PM, system@... wrote:
                              >> If that were the case, there wouldn't be much of an issue.
                              >
                              > 10 mins to the shore for me; it's just not that big an issue. There have
                              > been a few power line glitches and the phone is out (Yeah!!!), but there
                              > is not as much rain as I've experienced with some of our worst noreasters.
                              > Right along the shore, there is storm surge. I do hope people there and
                              > on the barrier islands got out, but there's really nothing else that seems
                              > all that severe from my vantage point. Being that it's late fall, it is
                              > one hell of a mess out there thought from all the leaves that have been
                              > blown about.

                              I am hundreds of miles away from there and just fixed a water problem
                              in my basement.

                              The pier on which I spent a lot of my growing-up years appears to be gone.

                              I hope the rest of it is as trivial as you're saying.

                              Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                              New Kensington, PA
                            • joshbensadon
                              Message 14 of 16 , Oct 29, 2012
                                --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, system@... wrote:

                                > Christian Liendo <christian_liendo@...> writes:
                                >
                                > >--CMlyZvg5cHFe2pqjxeURzy3QejSG3QE3HAPiljR Content-Type: text/plain;
                                > >charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
                                > >
                                > >>From: Evan Koblentz <evan@...> >I'm fine up in north NJ=A0
                                > >

                                > >I'm on the 11th floor of the NYTimes building.. and the building is
                                > >creakin= g... Blah!!!
                                >
                                > Take the elevator to the 1st floor! :)

                                Better take the stairs, or you might spend the night in an elevator!
                                Message 15 of 16 , Oct 29, 2012
                                  On 10/29/2012 07:54 PM, joshbensadon wrote:
                                  >> Take the elevator to the 1st floor! :)
                                  >
                                  > Better take the stairs, or you might spend the night in an elevator!

                                  Been there, done that...I don't recommend it. To make matters worse,
                                  one guy in there had a nasty case of the farts. (might've been me)

                                  Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                                  New Kensington, PA
                                • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Oct 29, 2012
                                    Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

                                    >On 10/29/2012 07:44 PM, system@... wrote: >> If
                                    >that were the case, there wouldn't be much of an issue. > > 10 mins to
                                    >the shore for me; it's just not that big an issue. There have > been a
                                    >few power line glitches and the phone is out (Yeah!!!), but there > is
                                    >not as much rain as I've experienced with some of our worst noreasters.
                                    >> Right along the shore, there is storm surge. I do hope people there
                                    >and > on the barrier islands got out, but there's really nothing else
                                    >that seems > all that severe from my vantage point. Being that it's
                                    >late fall, it is > one hell of a mess out there thought from all the
                                    >leaves that have been > blown about.
                                    >
                                    > I am hundreds of miles away from there and just fixed a water problem
                                    >in my basement.

                                    Basement here is dry. I put the extension leaders on the downspouts
                                    yesterday and some plastic pipe to carry the water to the street curb.

                                    > The pier on which I spent a lot of my growing-up years appears to be
                                    >gone.

                                    I believe that. The surf is extremely angry. Storm and astronomical
                                    high tide from the full moon. That's not a pleasant combination for
                                    those immediate shoreline dwellers. I lived a block from the beach
                                    when Gloria came up the NJ coast. The apartments on the first floor
                                    got flooded out. I lived on the second. I had to wade in water to
                                    my groin to get out the next day. A little farther inland is safer
                                    and much drier! :)