Fri. 9 - amateur radio expert / Nobel laureate @ InfoAge

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2012
      See below. Open to all InfoAge group members.

      From: "Ray Chase" <raydio862@...>
      Sender: infoage-bounce@...
      Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 11:54:13 -0400
      To: <infoage@...>
      ReplyTo: raydio862@...
      Subject: [infoage] NJARC Meeting at InfoAge -Friday, November 9th

      The NJARC monthly meeting on November 9th at InfoAge will host a distinguished speaker.  Joseph Hooten Taylor, Jr., K1JT  retired dean of faculty Princeton University will present a program entitled "Advances in Weak Signal Radio Communication".  This will include his recent amateur radio work in weak signal communications methods and his work with amateurs in using the 1000 foot Arecibo Observatory Antenna in Puerto Rico for "Moon Bounce" communications.  Joseph Taylor is an astrophysicist, the 1993 Nobel Prize in Physics laureate and holder of a long list of honors and awards.  The presentation will be in 9032 A section at 7:30 PM.  Prior to the meeting we plan to give him a tour of the InfoAge facility and most especially the Diana site.  Accompanying Joe Taylor will be Professor Michael Littman of Princeton who arranged the Joe Taylor visit.  NJARC would like to invite OMARC, QCWA and any other InfoAge members who would be interested in this program to join us.  Due to space limitations we cannot open this to the general public.
      Ray