Equipment haul

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 27, 2012
      I made a road trip to Coatesville today, to pick up some vintage
      equipment:

      Northstar Advantage, with software and manual
      Kaypro 1
      Two Hazeltine Esprit III terminals and manual, only one keyboard
      S-100 chassis, motherboard and power supply
      Northstar Horizon disk drives and power supplies
      Various Northstar software on 5-1/4" hard-sectored diskettes

      The Kaypro 1 will be available for trade or sale, after I check it.

      After the pickup, I headed south (22 miles) to Bill Degnan's tech
      workshop, for a flying visit. Besides Bill, Ian, Alex Bodnar, Jon
      Chapman, Doug (???) and someone whose name I didn't catch were there.
      I left after an hour, and headed back to State College.

      The gentleman I visited in Coatesville turned out to be the current
      president of the Telphone Collectors, International group:

      http://www.telephonecollectors.org/

      He has an incredible setup in his basement, including a Western
      Electric Number 5 Toll Test Board, a 1926 vintage PAX and a 1970's vintage
      Western Eletric crossbar PABX. Most of it is interconnected and WORKING!

      http://cedarknolltelephone.com/cedartel/index.htm

      All in all, a nice day.

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • Douglas
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 28, 2012
        >Alex Bodnar, Jon
        > Chapman, Doug (???) and someone whose name I didn't catch were

        You got it, Doug. Nice to meet you.