Living Computer Museum in Seattle

  • Neil Cherry
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 26, 2012
      This made it to Slashdot but I skipped that link ...

      Paul Allen opens the Living Computer Museum in Seattle:

      http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/12/10/26/1826239/living-computer-museum-opens-to-public-in-seattle

      "it's the only one of it's kind" <- I am a bit suspicious of this claim.

      Link tot he museum itself:

      http://www.livingcomputermuseum.org/

      Oh, one more thing. I stowed a DEC 3300 in the IXR building (boiler room).
      There are 2 large loose cards for a 3400 (SCSI cards) in addition to the
      loose cards and cables for the 3300. I'll keep looking for the rest as I
      did have everything at one time.

      http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
      http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog
    • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 26, 2012
        Neil Cherry <ncherry@...> writes:

        >This made it to Slashdot but I skipped that link ...
        >
        >Paul Allen opens the Living Computer Museum in Seattle:
        >
        >http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/12/10/26/1826239/living-computer-museum-opens-to-public-in-seattle
        >
        >"it's the only one of it's kind" <- I am a bit suspicious of this claim.
        >
        >Link tot he museum itself:
        >
        >http://www.livingcomputermuseum.org/
        >

        >Oh, one more thing. I stowed a DEC 3300 in the IXR building (boiler
        >room). There are 2 large loose cards for a 3400 (SCSI cards) in addition
        >to the loose cards and cables for the 3300. I'll keep looking for the
        >rest as I did have everything at one time.

        What is a DEC 3300/3400?
      • Neil Cherry
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 26, 2012
          On 10/26/2012 05:55 PM, system@... wrote:
          > Neil Cherry <ncherry@... <mailto:ncherry%40linuxha.com>> writes:

          > >Oh, one more thing. I stowed a DEC 3300 in the IXR building (boiler
          > >room). There are 2 large loose cards for a 3400 (SCSI cards) in addition
          > >to the loose cards and cables for the 3300. I'll keep looking for the
          > >rest as I did have everything at one time.
          >
          > What is a DEC 3300/3400?

          A DEC VAX, sorry, should have clarified that. Basically a small mini-
          computer. I think most of the folks would have just sat on it in my
          employer's Network Services testing lab. The 3400 boards were salvaged
          from the labs 3400 but the 3300 came from Syracuse, I think.