New Big Iron Acquisition - IBM Tabulating Equipment/Restoration

  • Bill Pileggi
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2006
      Tony,
      I took a look at the pictures. Whew! I restore electronic equipement almost daily; not including the cars and aircraft I've worked on: I've never seen anything that bad....make it out of the resto. "shop" alive. Is this piece unique? The unit would have to be completely disassembled and rebuilt (like a Heathkit). The sheet metal probably needs sandblasting to get rid off all the pits. I'd estimate a couple-several thousand man-hours of work. Bill Pileggi/KA3AIS

      >>>The Museum of Business History and Technology in Wilmington, DE is proud to
      announce the arrival of its latest little bundles of joy, an IBM 405 Accounting
      Machine and an IBM 513 Reproducing Punch.