museum report

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 21, 2012
      Alise and I volunteered at the InfoAge Halloween event last night. It
      was very busy, and many people said it was better than last year's
      event. Next weekend (10/26-27) is the last one, from 7-11pm both nights.
      I recommend going and bringing kids.

      Today I met a non-MARCHin at 11:30. He purchased our two remaining 028
      teletypes. It was good deal all around -- a reasonable price, cleared
      some space in our storage area, and a happy customer.

      Corey delivered the new case for the Mimeo 1. It looks great, and it's
      made from a single piece of (acrylic? plexiglass?) so there are no
      pieces to break apart, which was a problem on the previous case. This
      one is also easier to carry, requires one less cooling fan, and is
      therefore quieter. Here is a big picture: http://snarc.net/mimeo_new.jpg.

      We had visitors on and off during the afternoon -- a good mixture of
      ages, backgrounds, and knowledge bases. Alise vacuumed our exhibit rooms
      and I put some additional holders for historic magazines in the homebrew
      room.