To change or not to change? Re: NorthStar Horizon Woes

  • joshbensadon
    Message 1 of 24 , Oct 17, 2012
      > Anyway, I personally got into vintage computing to learn more about
      > electronics, and getting the systems to work is where I get the
      > satisfaction, not so much whether I trashed the case or replaced a part to
      > do it.

      I too get lots of satisfaction mastering and seeing these old beasts run. Part of it comes from trying to do the job while keeping it as original as possible. When I had to fix some broken keys on my OSI Superboard, I wouldn't know where to get replacement switches, so I had to open them up to the point where I could fix it. I made a nice write up on that with lots of pictures and posted on one of the OSI web sites for the next guy.

      Long live the Eureka Moment! When everything just starts to work again.

      :) Josh