Re: [midatlanticretro] Fw: An 80386 CPU S-100 Board

  • Bryan Pope
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 17, 2012
      Dude! The 80386 came out in *1985*. It ran at a blistering 12Mhz to
      40Mhz. It is pretty cool because it gave us the 32 bit flat memory model.

      The 65c816 (which is a 16 bit processor and has a 24 bit data bus) came
      out in 1984. It can reach speeds of up to 20Mhz (maybe higher?) and is
      still in use today.

      Now are you going to not allow the Apple IIgs?

      One day you really need to lose the hatred towards all things
      Intel/DOS/Windows. Saying they are not part of your "history" does not
      make them go away.

      Cheers,

      Bryan

      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 17, 2012
        >> *plonk*

        That member is banned. I looked at his profile -- it's listed as a 26-year-old female going by "Lil Bo Peep". Not legit.
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 17, 2012
          >> One day you really need to lose the hatred towards all things
          Intel/DOS/Windows.

          I don't hate those things I just don't want this becoming an "old PC" club.

          Maybe we could banish you to Canada ... Oh, wait. :)
        • Bryan Pope
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 17, 2012
            On 10/17/2012 8:42 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
            >>> One day you really need to lose the hatred towards all things
            > Intel/DOS/Windows.
            >
            > I don't hate those things I just don't want this becoming an "old PC" club.
            >
            > Maybe we could banish you to Canada ... Oh, wait. :)

            Have you ever thought that allowing that *won't* cause you to become an
            "old PC" club, but it would just make up a small percentage? As time
            moves on, change must happen, even for museums.

            and

            HA.

            Cheers,

            Bryan
            Message 5 of 23 , Oct 17, 2012
              Message 6 of 23 , Oct 17, 2012

                > Whoa... We don't do 386 but we definitely do S100. :)

                I bought one of Andrew's S100 8088 CPU boards, should make for a fun project some day. I also bought Andrew's S100 Prototyping board, great board for making stuff. I'm sadly underusing it as a RAM/ROM board at the moment.

                :) Josh
              • joshbensadon
                Message 7 of 23 , Oct 17, 2012

                  > >> One day you really need to lose the hatred towards all things
                  > Intel/DOS/Windows.
                  >
                  > I don't hate those things I just don't want this becoming an "old PC" club.
                  >
                  > Maybe we could banish you to Canada ... Oh, wait. :)

                  Hey, no bashing on Canada eh! Or I'll have to run next door and tell the Prime Minister :)

                  :) Josh
                  Message 8 of 23 , Oct 17, 2012
                    >> Intel/DOS/Windows.
                    >>
                    >> I don't hate those things I just don't want this becoming an "old PC" club.
                    >>
                    >> Maybe we could banish you to Canada ... Oh, wait. :)
                    >
                    > Hey, no bashing on Canada eh! Or I'll have to run next door and tell the Prime Minister :)

                    Just teasing Bryan, who's up your way.

                    Please don't send the Royal Kilted Yaksmen after me.

                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxg0JfBU2n4
                  • joshbensadon
                    Message 9 of 23 , Oct 17, 2012

                      > >> Maybe we could banish you to Canada ... Oh, wait. :)
                      > >
                      > > Hey, no bashing on Canada eh! Or I'll have to run next door and tell the Prime Minister :)
                      >
                      > Just teasing Bryan, who's up your way.
                      >
                      > Please don't send the Royal Kilted Yaksmen after me.

                      Ok, so there's a good reason why we have the worlds largest undefended border... no one wants to come here!

                      Of course I know Bryan, he's the Prime Ministers other neighbor!

                      But seriously, where's Bryan from?

                      :) Josh
                      Message 10 of 23 , Oct 17, 2012
                        >>> Hey, no bashing on Canada eh! Or I'll have to run next door and tell the Prime Minister :)
                        >> Just teasing Bryan, who's up your way.
                        >>
                        >> Please don't send the Royal Kilted Yaksmen after me.
                        > Ok, so there's a good reason why we have the worlds largest undefended border... no one wants to come here!
                        >
                        > Of course I know Bryan, he's the Prime Ministers other neighbor!
                        >
                        > But seriously, where's Bryan from?

                        His profile on Facebook says Ingersoll, Ontario. Hopefully he'll see
                        this message and reply.
                      • Bryan Pope
                        Message 11 of 23 , Oct 18, 2012
                          On 10/17/2012 11:07 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
                          >>> Just teasing Bryan, who's up your way.
                          >>>
                          >>> Please don't send the Royal Kilted Yaksmen after me.
                          >> Ok, so there's a good reason why we have the worlds largest undefended border... no one wants to come here!
                          >>
                          >> Of course I know Bryan, he's the Prime Ministers other neighbor!
                          >>
                          >> But seriously, where's Bryan from?
                          > His profile on Facebook says Ingersoll, Ontario. Hopefully he'll see
                          > this message and reply.

                          Yes that is true. And we have *two* exits on the 401!

                          Cheers,

                          Bryan