Re: [midatlanticretro] Fw: An 80386 CPU S-100 Board

    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 17, 2012
      >> Just because you're using S-100 does not mean it's vintage.

      Thanks for not bringing up that debate, Bill. :)
    • m0ecrl@aol.com
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 17, 2012
        vintage is anything before around 1985
      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 17, 2012
          >From: "m0ecrl@..." <m0ecrl@...>
          >vintage is anything before around 1985

          I feel like I am watching the Big Bang Theory where someone says something and everyone cringes because Sheldon is about to respond.
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 17, 2012
            >> I feel like I am watching the Big Bang Theory where someone says something and everyone cringes because Sheldon is about to respond.

            Do you mean the topic overall, or am I Sheldon in this scenario?

            New guy (m0ecrl): we've debated this topic for years with no resolution. Everyone has an opinion and none are necessarily right or wrong ... except mine, of course!! :)

            The only thing we all agree to is that late-model DOS and almost anything Windows isn't our thing, and that arbitrary chronological lines also ain't right.

            Nothing personal, but there's nothing anybody can add that we haven't debated on this topic already...

            Vintage: we know it when we see it.

          • m0ecrl@aol.com
            Message 5 of 23 , Oct 17, 2012
              Unless of course I am GOD using this email, but i get your point
              Message 6 of 23 , Oct 17, 2012
                >> Unless of course I am GOD using this email, but i get your point

                No religion or politics here, either. And bottom-post.

                Welcome....
              • m0ecrl@aol.com
                Message 7 of 23 , Oct 17, 2012
                  guess some people do not know a joke if it bit them unless of course they are an atheist, in that case this is not a club that deserves membership, am out of here
                  Message 8 of 23 , Oct 17, 2012
                    On 10/17/2012 08:22 PM, m0ecrl@... wrote:
                    > guess some people do not know a joke if it bit them unless of course
                    > they are an atheist, in that case this is not a club that deserves
                    > membership, am out of here

                    *plonk*

                    --
                    Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                    Message 9 of 23 , Oct 17, 2012
                      >> guess some people do not know a joke if it bit them unless of course they are an atheist, in that caseĀ this is not a club that deserves membership, am out of hereĀ

                      Must be a troll. Bye bye
                    • Bryan Pope
                      Message 10 of 23 , Oct 17, 2012
                        Dude! The 80386 came out in *1985*. It ran at a blistering 12Mhz to
                        40Mhz. It is pretty cool because it gave us the 32 bit flat memory model.

                        The 65c816 (which is a 16 bit processor and has a 24 bit data bus) came
                        out in 1984. It can reach speeds of up to 20Mhz (maybe higher?) and is
                        still in use today.

                        Now are you going to not allow the Apple IIgs?

                        One day you really need to lose the hatred towards all things
                        Intel/DOS/Windows. Saying they are not part of your "history" does not
                        make them go away.

                        Cheers,

                        Bryan

                        Message 11 of 23 , Oct 17, 2012
                          >> *plonk*

                          That member is banned. I looked at his profile -- it's listed as a 26-year-old female going by "Lil Bo Peep". Not legit.
                          Message 12 of 23 , Oct 17, 2012
                            >> One day you really need to lose the hatred towards all things
                            Intel/DOS/Windows.

                            I don't hate those things I just don't want this becoming an "old PC" club.

                            Maybe we could banish you to Canada ... Oh, wait. :)
                          • Bryan Pope
                            Message 13 of 23 , Oct 17, 2012
                              On 10/17/2012 8:42 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
                              >>> One day you really need to lose the hatred towards all things
                              > Intel/DOS/Windows.
                              >
                              > I don't hate those things I just don't want this becoming an "old PC" club.
                              >
                              > Maybe we could banish you to Canada ... Oh, wait. :)

                              Have you ever thought that allowing that *won't* cause you to become an
                              "old PC" club, but it would just make up a small percentage? As time
                              moves on, change must happen, even for museums.

                              and

                              HA.

                              Cheers,

                              Bryan
                              Message 14 of 23 , Oct 17, 2012
                                > >> Just because you're using S-100 does not mean it's vintage.
                                >
                                > Thanks for not bringing up that debate, Bill. :)

                                I have banned myself, then unbanned myself. I feel better now.

                                Bill
                              • joshbensadon
                                Message 15 of 23 , Oct 17, 2012

                                  > Whoa... We don't do 386 but we definitely do S100. :)

                                  I bought one of Andrew's S100 8088 CPU boards, should make for a fun project some day. I also bought Andrew's S100 Prototyping board, great board for making stuff. I'm sadly underusing it as a RAM/ROM board at the moment.

                                  :) Josh
                                • joshbensadon
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Oct 17, 2012

                                    > >> One day you really need to lose the hatred towards all things
                                    > Intel/DOS/Windows.
                                    >
                                    > I don't hate those things I just don't want this becoming an "old PC" club.
                                    >
                                    > Maybe we could banish you to Canada ... Oh, wait. :)

                                    Hey, no bashing on Canada eh! Or I'll have to run next door and tell the Prime Minister :)

                                    :) Josh
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Oct 17, 2012
                                      >> Intel/DOS/Windows.
                                      >>
                                      >> I don't hate those things I just don't want this becoming an "old PC" club.
                                      >>
                                      >> Maybe we could banish you to Canada ... Oh, wait. :)
                                      >
                                      > Hey, no bashing on Canada eh! Or I'll have to run next door and tell the Prime Minister :)

                                      Just teasing Bryan, who's up your way.

                                      Please don't send the Royal Kilted Yaksmen after me.

                                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxg0JfBU2n4
                                    • joshbensadon
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Oct 17, 2012

                                        > >> Maybe we could banish you to Canada ... Oh, wait. :)
                                        > >
                                        > > Hey, no bashing on Canada eh! Or I'll have to run next door and tell the Prime Minister :)
                                        >
                                        > Just teasing Bryan, who's up your way.
                                        >
                                        > Please don't send the Royal Kilted Yaksmen after me.

                                        Ok, so there's a good reason why we have the worlds largest undefended border... no one wants to come here!

                                        Of course I know Bryan, he's the Prime Ministers other neighbor!

                                        But seriously, where's Bryan from?

                                        :) Josh
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Oct 17, 2012
                                          >>> Hey, no bashing on Canada eh! Or I'll have to run next door and tell the Prime Minister :)
                                          >> Just teasing Bryan, who's up your way.
                                          >>
                                          >> Please don't send the Royal Kilted Yaksmen after me.
                                          > Ok, so there's a good reason why we have the worlds largest undefended border... no one wants to come here!
                                          >
                                          > Of course I know Bryan, he's the Prime Ministers other neighbor!
                                          >
                                          > But seriously, where's Bryan from?

                                          His profile on Facebook says Ingersoll, Ontario. Hopefully he'll see
                                          this message and reply.
                                        • Bryan Pope
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Oct 18, 2012
                                            On 10/17/2012 11:07 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
                                            >>> Just teasing Bryan, who's up your way.
                                            >>>
                                            >>> Please don't send the Royal Kilted Yaksmen after me.
                                            >> Ok, so there's a good reason why we have the worlds largest undefended border... no one wants to come here!
                                            >>
                                            >> Of course I know Bryan, he's the Prime Ministers other neighbor!
                                            >>
                                            >> But seriously, where's Bryan from?
                                            > His profile on Facebook says Ingersoll, Ontario. Hopefully he'll see
                                            > this message and reply.

                                            Yes that is true. And we have *two* exits on the 401!

                                            Cheers,

                                            Bryan