Re: PDP-11T03 and things

  • s100doctor
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 16, 2012
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, William Donzelli <wdonzelli@...> wrote:

      > While you ladies were arranging your doilies, I went to the woman's
      > house in Rockland county to pull the first of the PDP-11T03 lot.
      > Earlier, I stopped by to survey the situation, but today, I started
      > work there.
      >
      > The PDP-11T03 is a twin RL system, with either a PDP-11/03 or
      > PDP-11/23. There is an LA36 DECwriter II with it, as well as 20-some
      > RL carts in a cabinet and quite a lot of documentation, and even a
      > little software on paper tape and unused LA36 ribbons.....

      > So, of the remainder, what should be done?

      I don't know about MARCH, but I have two RL01 drives, but only one RL01 cart, on an 11/34 system. Will, I know you have some RL02 cartridges, but you know those won't work with the RL01 drive (unless you know someone with a reformatter rigged up). Maybe there's a three-way deal between you and MARCH and I for a couple of RL01's traded for some RL02's....? Or is that 11/23 using RL02s?

      Herb
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 16, 2012
        >> Maybe there's a three-way deal between you and MARCH and I for a couple of RL01's traded for some RL02's....?

        I defer to Degnan's judgment for this.

        Will/Herb -- if we're talking a deal, then we should take this off-list.
      • William Donzelli
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 16, 2012
          > Will/Herb -- if we're talking a deal, then we should take this off-list.

          So far, I am just moving the stuff. How it gets divided is up to higher powers.

          Aaaand...we are not getting as many unused cards as I thought. The
          owner's children were told of the big cleanup, and they want some of
          their father's cards. So, I agreed to give back some boxes of cards
          when I go back for the big pick up. Easy come, easy go.

          --
          Will
        • William Donzelli
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 16, 2012
            > Or is that
            > 11/23 using RL02s?

            I did not actually check if they are RL01s or RL02s.

            --
            Will
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 17, 2012
              > >> Maybe there's a three-way deal between you and MARCH and I for a
              couple of RL01's traded for some RL02's....?

              > I defer to Degnan's judgment for this.
              >
              > Will/Herb -- if we're talking a deal, then we should take this off-list.

              I must have missed the original email of this thread, what?