Re: C64 Help

  • joshbensadon
    Message 1 of 31 , Oct 12, 2012
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Pope <bryan.pope@...> wrote:

      > The 1702 expects the Luma and Chroma to be separate.. The back has 3
      > RCA jacks to accept this. Make sure you set the switch in front that is
      > behind a small panel on the bottom to "back".
      >
      > If you are only getting a black and white picture, maybe the chroma part
      > of the wire has a break in it?
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Bryan

      Bryan, Thank YOU! That's it! Everything working fine. Of course the switch was set to FRONT (which is composite VIDEO, COLOUR & SYNC) and I was thinking I had the wrong cable for this type of monitor. I did spend an hour searching the internet for how to connect a 1702, but the internet is so full of garbage... but that story is for another group and not suitable for the fine outstanding guys and gals in this group :)

      Just call me mud! It's humbling to think I couldn't find the correct way to plug in these wires.

      Thanks Again!
      Josh
    • Bill Dromgoole
      Message 31 of 31 , Oct 18, 2012

        > Here's a transistor with 430 on it. Would that make it 1964, week 30?
        > Transistor part number is 2N1218. Or does the 430 refer to the factory the
        > transistor was made? or other?
        >
        > Photo of transistor posted in the photos/Josh Bensadon folder of this group.
        >
        > I've seen some IC's with only a 3 digit code on them (not part of this analog
        > computer). Case in point is the following:
        >
        > CD4023BE
        > RCA H 650
        >
        > Is that to mean 1976 week 50?
        > H being the factory where it was made?
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Josh
        > ------------------------------------

        Yes, In my opinion you are correct.
        In the early years of semiconductors most parts have three digit date codes.
        You have to know the approximate decade the part was first produced to get the
        correct date.

        Sometimes you have trouble telling the part number apart from the date code.
        In the 1970s a lot of the 7400 series ic's had date codes like 7414 and a part
        number like 7404.
        I was always having trouble with those.

        A good history of early transitor marking can be found here.
        http://transistorhistory.50webs.com/index.html

        billdrom