FREE PDP-11/23

  • jon_strack5940
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2012
      Hello Guys,
      I've been reluctant to do this for a while, but I'm giving away my PDP-11. I just never use it! In fact, it's been so long since I've last fired it up, that the contacts on the floppy controller have become dirty and it no longer communicates with the floppy drives. I have no doubt it can be cleaned, and put back into service, as it worked fine earlier.

      However, both MFM hard drives have died, but that's not unexpected. Otherwise, it's a good strong system, built in an aftermarket case (I forget the brand). The processor and power supply are all strong and working well. It's a good system, built for me by a member of the Vintage Computer Forum. The system deserves a better home with someone who will use it. I'm away from home 5 or 6 days a week, and just don't have the time or interest anymore. I also have a 4 foot or so DEC rack and power supply to go with it, that with some rigging, could accommodate the computer, and whatever other drives and stuff you wanted.

      I live in Shawnee on Delaware, PA 18356. Any interest, let me know either by replying (I get the daily digest) or by shooting me an e-mail at markvi82@... - e-mails would be preferred.

      Thanks!
      -Jon
    • Aliaga, Daniel G
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2012

        Any pictures? VT100?

        D.

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4, 2012
          Hi,

          Any idea what would be required to pick this up?

          Thanks,

          Matt

          Sent from my iPhone

[...]

        • joshbensadon
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 5, 2012
            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "jon_strack5940" <markvi82@...> wrote:

            > Hello Guys,
            > I've been reluctant to do this for a while, but I'm giving away my PDP-11. I just never use it! In fact, it's been so long since I've last fired it up, that the contacts on the floppy controller have become dirty and it no longer communicates with the floppy drives. I have no doubt it can be cleaned, and put back into service, as it worked fine earlier.

            I would love to add an 11/23 to my collection, however, I'm quite far away in Toronto. I'm sure you'll have takers that are closer. If not, then would you consider holding it until VCF in May? I intend to come down for that.

            Cheers,
            Josh
          • jon_strack5940
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 8, 2012
              Hi Matt,
              Pick up should be pretty easy. No stairs inside, just a landing outside with 3 stairs that you can back up to.

              -Jon