Re: [midatlanticretro] My Apple 1 crib sheets

  • J. Alexander Jacocks
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 3, 2012
      On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 2:00 PM, Jeff Jonas <jeff_s_jonas@...> wrote:
      That's a darned useful page, Jeff.  There really isn't a good centralized documentation/help resource online, for the Apple 1, that I have found.

      It'd be nice if it were on a wiki somewhere, so that other folks could add to it.

      - Alex

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 3, 2012
        Nice job

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 3, 2012
          +1 to Alex's/Bill's comments.

          Jeff J. always does a good job at documenting MARCH things. One of these
          days we need to move those notes off his personal site and onto
          www.midatlanticretro.org.

          I appoint Degnan as chairman of that committee. :)
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 3, 2012
            I hereby say "use the yahoo files section"

            so it is written.

            bd

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 3, 2012
              Okay.

              Jeff J.: Please start moving such notes into the Yahoo Group's "files"
              section, and then remove them from your personal site.

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 3, 2012
                Might I suggest using anything other than the Yahoo services? For instance, I only received this message - not the preceding one by Degnan. The mailing list through Yahoo barely works. This is not the first instance of missing messages. The "photo gallery" section of the group barely works, and is clumsy to use. Heck, my email barely works. The only reason I still use it is because I've had the same address for so very long.

                Yahoo is circling the drain, and we need to abandon ship and look for something better.

                I think useful content is best left on a stable host. And while we're at it, we need to move to a better list provider.

                -Ian

                > Jeff J.: Please start moving such notes into the Yahoo
                > Group's "files"
                > section, and then remove them from your personal site.
                >

                > On 10/03/2012 03:20 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
                > > I hereby say "use the yahoo files section"
                > >
                > > so it is written.
                > >
                > > bd

              • William Donzelli
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 3, 2012
                  > Might I suggest using anything other than the Yahoo services?

                  I concur.

                  --
                  Will
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 3, 2012
                    > Might I suggest using anything other than the Yahoo services?

                    I believe one of Bill's employees is looking into how to export our list
                    archive by using a script that (Barry K.?) developed. If that works,
                    then we can move to a standard list that Bill hosts.

                    (Several people have offered use of their own hosting, which we
                    appreciate, but we're going to stick with Bill's.)
                  • Mike
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 3, 2012
                      Having an Apple 1 quick start page is a great idea.

                      The applefritter site has pdfs of all the original documentation, which covers the system pretty completely.

                      http://www.applefritter.com/apple1

                      Regards,
                      Mike W.