Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Sunday at Maker Faire demontrating the Apple I Mimeo

    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 2, 2012
      >> a handle

      Handle is probably overkill. Also we don't want to give people the idea that it was a portable computer.
    • corey986
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 2, 2012
        Ah... You have not seen what I have in mind as a handle. Only you will know it's a handle.... I'm planning a single piece plexi case that includes the keyboard, powersupply and motherboard which will have metal dowels on "open" sides to protect the board and provide extra support. The metal dowels will be usuable as handles if you connect them with a handle I plan on making.

        Cheers,
        Corey

        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 2, 2012
          >> Only you will know it's a handle....

          Well, me and everyone else on this list. :) But I see your point: there could be metal rods on each side which offer structural support and double as a good lifting point.
        • Mike Willegal
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 3, 2012
            Well, there were few original systems in attaché cases....

            Regards,
            Mike W.

            Sent from my iPad
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 3, 2012
              >> Well, there were few original systems in attaché cases....

              I know. Just looking to keep this one traditional.