Re: Sunday at Maker Faire demontrating the Apple I Mimeo

  • corey986
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 2, 2012
      This unit does not have a ground with bleeder resistor. It has a two prong cord, vintage style. I think maybe I should upgrade it when I transfer cases. I am making a new plexi case for this unit since it seems to be traveling alot. I have to make one that has no glue (bent only) with metal fasteners and a handle so that it can take the travel abuse.

      Cheers,
      Corey

      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 2, 2012
        >> a handle

        Handle is probably overkill. Also we don't want to give people the idea that it was a portable computer.
      • corey986
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 2, 2012
          Ah... You have not seen what I have in mind as a handle. Only you will know it's a handle.... I'm planning a single piece plexi case that includes the keyboard, powersupply and motherboard which will have metal dowels on "open" sides to protect the board and provide extra support. The metal dowels will be usuable as handles if you connect them with a handle I plan on making.

          Cheers,
          Corey

          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 2, 2012
            >> Only you will know it's a handle....

            Well, me and everyone else on this list. :) But I see your point: there could be metal rods on each side which offer structural support and double as a good lifting point.
          • Mike Willegal
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 3, 2012
              Well, there were few original systems in attaché cases....

              Regards,
              Mike W.

              Sent from my iPad
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 3, 2012
                >> Well, there were few original systems in attaché cases....

                I know. Just looking to keep this one traditional.