VCF East update

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2012
      We tried switching from May 18-19 to May 4-5. Turns out there's already an event from another group booked for May 4-5, and still another the last weekend in April. So we are in for 18-19. I know some people can't go that weekend, but that seems unavoidable. Whatever other events there are, I hope people will decide that VCF East is the one that they should attend.
    • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2012
        "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> writes:

        >We tried switching from May 18-19 to May 4-5. Turns out there's already
        >an event from another group booked for May 4-5, and still another the
        >last weekend in April. So we are in for 18-19. I know some people can't
        >go that weekend, but that seems unavoidab le. Whatever other events
        >there are, I hope people will decide that VCF East is the one that they
        >should attend.

        Yeah! Now I can make this year's!
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2012
          >> Yeah! Now I can make this year's!

          Excellent. Maybe do an exhibit? Perhaps some of the DEC gear you donated.
        • joshbensadon
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2012

            > We tried switching from May 18-19 to May 4-5. Turns out there's already an event from another group booked for May 4-5, and still another the last weekend in April. So we are in for 18-19. I know some people can't go that weekend, but that seems unavoidable. Whatever other events there are, I hope people will decide that VCF East is the one that they should attend.

            It would be great if nothing gets in my way to attend this VCF. It would be my "first". Please do say, where is it going to be? Where's a good place to sleep? Can I sleep between the PDP's and VAX's? or do the newbies have to sleep with the Coleco ADAM's?

            :) Josh
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 1, 2012
              >> Please do say, where is it going to be?

              It's at our museum in central New Jersey (07719).

              >> Where's a good place to sleep?

              Most of us get local hotel rooms. Some people opt for nice business hotels; others go for no-frills motels. Some people save by sharing their rooms. We announce details when the event is closer. The past few years we had a room block at a single-star motel. Hey, they had beds and free wifi, it's good enough. :)

              >> Can I sleep between the PDP's and VAX's?

              No.

              >> or do the newbies have to sleep with the Coleco ADAM's?

              We could almost build a fort of Commodore 64s...