Re: [midatlanticretro] Degaussers

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2006
      > However, if you need to create an odd or unusual
      > sector format on a
      > disk (like a floppy) you might have to resort to the
      > degaussing idea,
      > so as to eliminate -any- vestige of prior
      > formatting,

      that was the idea Ray. If you want to use a high
      density floppy as a 720k, you generally need to really
      wipe the thing clean.
      Want to go into the theory of degaussers (I'm NOT
      paying 40 bucks anytime soon lol. I'd rather learn how
      to make one...if possible). Thanks for the info.

      http://mail.yahoo.com