New card punch

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 22, 2012
      My collection has grown by another card punch:

      http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/Keypunch/wright.html

      At least I didn't have to sneak this one past my wife. :-)

      This Wright Line Model 2600 is in like-new condition, and works great.
      I'm having a little trouble pinning down a date on this one, though. The
      earliest reference I've found is an advertisement from April 1970:

      http://www.dvq.com/ads/wright_dm_4_70.jpg

      Does anyone have any better dates?

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 23, 2012
        I added another card punch to my collection:

        http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/Keypunch/wright.html

        At least I didn't have to sneak this one past my wife. :-)

        These were found in machine rooms in the '70s, to punch a quick
        correction card or to punch a replacement for a tattered card. I haven't
        been able to pin down an introduction date on it, though. The earliest
        reference I could find was a Wright Line advertisement from 1970:

        http://www.dvq.com/ads/wright_dm_4_70.jpg

        Does anyone have a better date for it?

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      • mloewen16823
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 23, 2012
          I added another card punch to my collection:

          http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/Keypunch/wright.html

          At least I didn't have to sneak this one past my wife. :-)

          I've been trying to find the introduction date for this model, with limited success. So far, the earliest reference I've found is this advertisement, from April 1970:

          http://www.dvq.com/ads/wright_dm_4_70.jpg

          Does anyone have a better reference?

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        • Matt Patoray
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 23, 2012
            Mike,

            I like it, just a little smaller then the normal punch machine.

            Matt

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Sep 23, 2012, at 4:26 PM, "mloewen16823" <mloewen@...> wrote:

            I added another card punch to my collection:

            http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/Keypunch/wright.html

            At least I didn't have to sneak this one past my wife. :-)

            I've been trying to find the introduction date for this model, with limited success. So far, the earliest reference I've found is this advertisement, from April 1970:

            http://www.dvq.com/ads/wright_dm_4_70.jpg

            Does anyone have a better reference?

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...

          • joshbensadon
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 23, 2012
              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "mloewen16823" <mloewen@...> wrote:

              > I added another card punch to my collection:
              >
              > http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/Keypunch/wright.html

              Nice Punch Card system. I've been looking around for a card reader for my HP9830. It used the cards that you would pencil in. Would anyone in the group know where I might find one of these?

              Cheers,
              Josh
            • David Gesswein
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 23, 2012
                On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 08:26:26PM -0000, mloewen16823 wrote:
                > I added another card punch to my collection:
                >
                > http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/Keypunch/wright.html

                I have one of those also. Has one bad tooth on the advance strip that
                I haven't figured out the best way to repair yet.

                > Does anyone have a better reference?

                Not I.