Maker Faire reminder

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 16, 2012
      World Maker Faire (new name for the former Maker Fair New York) is Sep. 29-30. InfoAge has a booth, although IXR and MARCH each have their own booths.

      For MARCH we're dedicating our entire booth to the Apple 1 aka Mimeo 1 reproduction computer. Next weekend I will make several posters and handouts.

      I will be there on the 29th. Jeff B./J. will be there Sunday. I'm not sure who is helping me Saturday ... anyone?

      I wish I could go both days but I have an important commitment on the 30th. I'm leaving Jeff B. in charge that day. I figure if there's trouble he can use his taekwondo skills to kick some ass!!

      What I think we'll do is make a rope queue to enter/exit our booth, so we demo to just a few people at a time, rather than being attacked en masse from all directions. If there is a line to see the Mimeo then that's good! Lines build buzz -- there must be something inside worth seeing. :)
    • corey986
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 17, 2012
        I'll try to remember to drop off some extra Apple-1 and basic manual reproductions I have left over from VCF when I teach my ThursdayRobotics class at InfoAge this week. That way you have a bunch of materials for people to read for your display table.

        Cheers,
        Corey

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 22, 2012
          Evan,

          There is a box of extra Apple-1 manuals in IXR, just ask Dan.

          Cheers,
          Corey