re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Updated Who's who at Workshop oct 27/28

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 5, 2012
      There are two people that I may have been mixing up, is there also a Cory?
      Anyway, this is the one weekend my three kids will not be there.

      Bill

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 5, 2012
        Yep there I think are at least 2 here, there is me, the Apple-1 guy and visual_storytellers Cory.

        Cheers,
        Corey

        > There are two people that I may have been mixing up, is there also a Cory?
        > Anyway, this is the one weekend my three kids will not be there.
        >
        > Bill

      • Burning Image
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 6, 2012
          Yes Virginia, there is a Cory (as well as a Corey).

          I'm from a poor family, who couldn't afford the extra vowel.  I live in South Jersey (below the Mason-Dixon line) and I think Corey lives in North Jersey.  Since I'm a Ham, I try to sign my emails with my callsign, just to add a little more differentiation between me and Corey - who I hope to meet someday.

          So there you have it.  If a Corry, Korrie or Q'ori (you'd be amazed at the number of ways I've had my name spelled) shows up as a vintage computer hobbyist, then we can bump up the confusion that much more...

          I'm planning on being at Bill's on the 27th.

          Cory - WA3UVV

          1a. Re: Updated Who's who at Workshop oct 27/28
              Posted by: "corey986" no_reply@yahoogroups.com corey986
              Date: Wed Sep 5, 2012 5:25 am ((PDT))

        • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 6, 2012

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f_p0CgPeyA
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 6, 2012
              >>> I'm from a poor family, who couldn't afford the extra vowel.

              LOL

              >>> I think Corey lives in North Jersey.

              Nope: central: Monmouth County.

              >>> If a Corry, Korrie or Q'ori (you'd be amazed at the number of ways I've had my name spelled) shows up as a vintage computer hobbyist, then we can bump up the confusion that much more...

              :)

              What's really confusing is that we've got five or six people named "Bill" with last initial D. We also have several members named Matt, Dave, Chris, Brian, or Andy. There's even another Evan.

              But there shall be only one Sridhar Ayengar. You killed his father. Prepare to die.
            • Mike Loewen
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 6, 2012
                On Thu, 6 Sep 2012, Evan Koblentz wrote:

                > But there shall be only one Sridhar Ayengar. You killed his father. Prepare to die.

                Wasn't there a '60s TV show about his family? "The Ayengars", with
                Patrick Macnee and Diana Rigg?

                Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 6, 2012
                  OK

                  This is the list of confirmed people in order of contact. At this point,
                  given my available space this is who is reserved (will get a table and
                  chair to work in the basement). Anyone else is welcome, there are plenty
                  of folding chairs, but I cannot guarantee a large workspace for more than 6
                  people. Please bring some food, drink, sleeping bag, pillow, towel, etc.
                  Consider this a camping trip. Wireless is available and a few wired
                  connections.

                  Herb
                  Jeff Brace (arrives in Sat eve)
                  Cory (one or two day)
                  Ian Primus
                  Alex Bodnar
                  (Me)

                  The maybe's - you may have to bring your own table or work in a different
                  room if there is no space in the basement. Contact me to confirm that there
                  is space/what space you'd need.

                  Jon Chapman
                  Dave McGuire
                  Bob Greib
                  Corey

                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 6, 2012
                    >> This is the list of confirmed people in order of contact

                    I can't make it that weekend, but I'm glad to see a good mix of people.

                    >> Bob G.

                    Nice to see him involved again, say hello for me.
                  • s100doctor
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 6, 2012
                      "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:

                      > OK
                      >
                      > This is the list of confirmed people in order of contact.
                      > Ian Primus

                      Ian, I tried to contact you by email recently, about some terminal parts, got no reply. How about emailing me? seems like Bill Degnan's event would be a good chance to bring some parts to me. Thank you.

                      Herb Johnson
                      retrotechnology.com