OT: Does anyone have the need for...

  • Richard Cini
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2012
      All --

      I'm trying to clear the used gear from my shop and I have the following three somewhat modern pieces of server hardware for a good home.  I'm just tripping on them too much so they need to go.

      * Compaq ProLiant PL1600 5U rack server. Dual Pentium 3 with 6-drive integrated RAID (86gb). Boot hard drive is bad (9gb SCSI). With some spare parts/rack stuff. I used this as one of my first servers in my house before I shifted to NAS and micro-servers. Great machine until the boot hard drive bit the dust…ran Windows NT Server then Windows 2000 Server.
      * Snap Server N4100. Early NAS RAID. 1U rack size. 4-drive/750gb. Works fine but has operability issues with XP/Vista (due to change in SMB authentication protocol I remember reading). Missing front faceplate (may be in the shop somewhere).
      * Sony AIT-162 16-tape AIT2 library (16x50g uncompressed). 2U rack size. Comes with tapes/bar code labels. I have the software somewhere. Worked the last time I used it.

      Because of the size/weight, it would be pickup only from Nassau County, LI (11791). If anyone's interested, please contact me off-list and we can arrange something. I'll wait until next weekend and then I'll curb-side them if no one is interested.

      Thanks!

      Rich

      --
      Rich Cini