Mike Willegal quoted in ComputerWorld about an upcoming Apple-1 Auction

  • corey986
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2012
      http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9230691/Inoperable_Apple_1_may_fetch_126K_at_Christie_s_auction

      Lots of quotable stuff here, especially....

      "The money being spent on Apple 1s hasn't trickled down to equally-worth antiques or shaken even older personal computers from attics"

      Which to me says all those guys dragging their old Apple IIc down from the attic putting it on eBay for a small fortune are in for a surprise
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 30, 2012
        When Gregg contacted me this time, I made the effort to talk about the SCELBI, mainly because I think the story loses interest, if it's just about another Apple 1 that goes up for auction every 6 months. We all know that there are a lot of other interesting stories about vintage computers that should be told.

        Regards,
        Mike W.

        He did make a "mistake" - saying only 3 SCELBIs are known to exist. The truth is there are a few SCELBI 8 H's out there (I haven't bothered to count), but only 3 known SCELBI 8 Bs, none currently in operating condition. Never fear, a few people are working on getting a couple of 8Bs into working order..