Re: Please vote -- Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Tech day / holiday party

  • Jeffrey Brace
    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 23, 2012
      From: William Donzelli
      Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2012 11:09 AM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: Please vote -- Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Tech day / holiday
      party

      >A January work session would be ok as well.

      I agree with that.

      >And I will agree with Ian - that pizza sucks.

      Then we should order pizza from another place. I know of two other good
      places in Wall township.

      Jeff Brace
    • nicodemus_nj
      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 29, 2012
        Just an update on that room (that we now call the Nature Center):

        The electrician was in yesterday to add grounded power outlets to the room, including an outlet in the ceiling where were installing a projector.

        The HVAC system is difficult to balance for the building; to get even cooling, we close all the vents in the Nature Center, open all the vents in IXR, and open the door between the two for air return. We open the Nature Center vents as needed and keep a ladder in the boiler room for that purpose. It's a pain sometimes but we live with it.

        The building has heat, but I've been told it lacks insulation :)

        -DW
      • corey986
        Message 3 of 23 , Aug 29, 2012
          Cool. So when I teach my mini-sumo robotics class tomorrow I can actually plug the soldering irons in the room and not have to run a really long extension cord !!!

          Cheers,
          Corey

        • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
          Message 4 of 23 , Aug 29, 2012
            corey986 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> writes:

            >Cool. So when I teach my mini-sumo robotics class tomorrow I can
            >actually p= lug the soldering irons in the room and not have to run a
            >really long exten= sion cord !!!
            >
            >Cheers, Corey

            If I were you, I'd test those outlets first just to make sure that that
            "ground" isn't merely a lug tied to the neutral. ;)
          • Bob Schwier
            Message 5 of 23 , Aug 30, 2012