8080 ROM Monitor

  • Systems Glitch
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 23, 2012
      All,

      Don't forget, if you're interested in getting a ROM monitor running on your specific 8080 system and you want something actively developed, you can use my Glitch Works Monitor:

      http://www.github.com/chapmajs/glitchworks_monitor

      It's open source and it's modular, meaning you write your own I/O modules and build, and you're ready to use it. I can write modules for it and give you a binary if you don't want to or can't write your own. I'm using it on several systems, and I believe Josh is using it with his IMSAI, right? (he's added some features I need to incorporate, since Git wasn't playing well with him)

      Furthermore, if people are interested in playing with and updating the ROM monitor during the Tech Day this winter, I'd be happy to bring the necessary supplies for modifying/assembling the monitor and getting it onto target systems.

      Thanks,
      Jonathan
    • Mouse
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 23, 2012
        I think you're missing a point - We never have to see 'Electric
        Dreams' again. :) I'm trying to think of a good movie to recommend
        this year, lol.
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 23, 2012
          One of Jason Scott's documentaries would be fun.

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 23, 2012
            >> One of Jason Scott's documentaries would be fun.

            I have BBS documentary and also Get Lamp. Haven't yet watched the latter.
          • joshbensadon
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 28, 2012
              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Systems Glitch <systems.glitch@...> wrote:

              > All,

              I'm using it on several systems, and I believe Josh is using it with his IMSAI, right? (he's added some features I need to incorporate, since Git wasn't playing well with him)

              Yes, I'm using that monitor program but it's modified to include XModem and .HEX Ascii uploads. Also it works stand alone with the common IMSAI console port (instead of making calls to CP/M-80 BIOS). I added another 772 lines of code to your original 332 lines. The .HEX ascii uploads are my favorite, because you don't need to enter any addresses, they are all taken directly from the .hex file.

              If I'm not mistaken, the common Altair ports are very similar to the Imsai ports, with the status/data ports reversed?

              Cheers,
              Josh