Maker Faire -- big change

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 18, 2012
      The exhibit idea that I sent this week is way too complicated.

      New idea: Just the Apple 1 and club fliers. Everyone loves that computer, it's got good hands-on demos, and it's easy to move around.

      I will go on the first day (9/30). Could use at least one VERY RELIABLE helper all day. Volunteers?

      Jeff B. will go on the second day. Hopefully we'll get Corey to go, too (he's on a biz trip and may not reply for several days.)

      Maker Faire management assured us of at least five or six free tickets, as long as the people work for at least four hours in our booth.
    • corey986
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 19, 2012
        Well I'm back...

        I'm not sure I can help much at Maker Faire, I am already working the IXR booth as they are basing their exhibit on my blowtorch plexi bending and polishing class.

        I may be able to help out for a few hours as long as I can get enough "skilled" coverage for IXR. My son can also help out if we need a second body, he does know how the Apple-1 works and helped man my Apple-1 booth at VCF. We have some cross over between IXR members and MARCH so maybe we can split time worst case.

        Are IXR and MARCH's booths next to each other?

        Later,
        Corey

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 19, 2012
          I should make it clear, since Jeremy is only 12, he obviously won't man a booth himself, but can help or be a runner...

          Cheers,
          Corey

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 19, 2012
            Corey -- no problem; I already requested to have our booth next to IXR's.

            We'll use the K.I.S.S. approach. The Apple 1 epitomizes a "maker" project: Woz built it for himself because he could. He showed it off to fellow "makers" and even gave away the schematics. So for Maker Faire, we'll bring the Mimeo and a bunch of explanatory hand-outs and posters. Very simple yet very awesome.