Re: [midatlanticretro] Trouble

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 16, 2012
      >> Just hoping this email reaches you well, I'm sorry for this emergency

      ... And here we go with an infamous spam message. I emailed David to inform him, back where he's safe and sound in West Virginia.
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 16, 2012
        This sounds like a scam.

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 16, 2012
          Back when everything was done by snail mail, this type of scam was called the Spanish
          Letter.  The Nigerians just updated it to a new technology.
          I wondered about it when I saw it.
          bs

          >> Just hoping this email reaches you well, I'm sorry for this emergency

          ... And here we go with an infamous spam message. I emailed David to inform him, back where he's safe and sound in West Virginia.

        • Ray Sills
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 16, 2012
            On Aug 16, 2012, at 8:14 AM, David Larsen wrote:

            > Just hoping this email reaches you well, I'm sorry for this emergency
            > but I just have to let you know my present predicament. I made an
            > urgent trip to Madrid, Spain.

            <snip>

            The sad truth is that there likely is -someone- out there who would
            respond to this obvious scam.

            73 de Ray
          • Ray Sills
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 16, 2012
              BTW.... there appears to be no way to report to Gmail that someone is
              using a Gmail address to defraud. Some email providers have a simple
              address, like "fraud@..." where you can forward a suspect email.
              Could not find that -anywhere- on Google's site.

              No biggie for me... I just delete stuff. But why make things easy for
              a crook? They deserve to be prosecuted.

              73 de Ray

              EOT.
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 16, 2012
                Let's not make this into a big off-topic thread .... Thank you.