Re: [midatlanticretro] Apple III restoration started

  • Matt Patoray
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 11, 2012

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Aug 11, 2012, at 6:21 PM, "J. Alexander Jacocks" <jjacocks@...> wrote:

      Matt,

      If you run in to roadblocks on this project, you might want to talk to Mike Maginnis, of the Open Apple podcast.  He has done a fair bit of Apple III repairing, and is one of the few folks I know of who is interested in the hardware side of those machines.

      No offense intended if you know all that you need, already.

      Good luck!
      - Alex

      Well,

      The fun has already started... Got all the caps in and the supply working fine, then last night one of the "Safety" capacitors decided to blow up.

      The was a good amount of nasty smelling smoke in the workshop and some cursing, ordered the replacements which should be here Wednesday.

      I appreciate all the help that I can get, one member is already helping me with service documentation.

      Matt

      image.jpeg

      image.jpeg