Re: [midatlanticretro] Saturday (tomorrow) / Claude memorial

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 10, 2012
      >> wet basement ? was there there some flooding that I didn't hear about ?

      No.

      On rare occasion, a small puddle or two forms down there. We never had anything get wet. We're in even better shape since Hurricane Irene, when before the storm we moved everything off the ground by a significant amount.

      Will is referring to humidity.

      * Other * parts of the basement have had an inch of water, but never our area.

      Even if there were no humidity (and we've periodically had a dehumidifier running down there), it still makes sense to get ALL of our collection into one place -- above ground level in the main storage area.

      But first we have to finish the task of consolidating and organizing in the main storage area.

      To do that, we will keep buying storage racks. Our usual revenue sources such as VCF, occasional rentals, overstock sales, etc. are sufficient to fund this.