Re: [midatlanticretro] Techniques for cleaning motherboard battery mess

  • Ben Greenfield
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 5, 2012
      what about vinegar water ratio?

      On Aug 5, 2012, at 10:05 AM, B Degnan wrote:

      Looks to me that you need to completely replace some components. Surface staining is one thing but when battery leakage penetrates a part it's a lost cause.

      When I went through my Amiga motherboards... Some were too far gone and the board traces themselves were corroded requiring a lot of delicate repairs. It depends in the end how much you are willing to do to save a board.
      Sent from my PDP 8/e.