Re: [midatlanticretro] Techniques for cleaning motherboard battery mess

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 5, 2012
      Looks to me that you need to completely replace some components. Surface staining is one thing but when battery leakage penetrates a part it's a lost cause.

      When I went through my Amiga motherboards... Some were too far gone and the board traces themselves were corroded requiring a lot of delicate repairs. It depends in the end how much you are willing to do to save a board.
      Sent from my PDP 8/e.
    • Ben Greenfield
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 5, 2012
        what about vinegar water ratio?