Re: [midatlanticretro] HP 2108A for sale in Barnegat, NJ

  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 4, 2012
      Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

      >On 08/04/2012 05:54 PM, Mike Loewen wrote: > > From the Vintage
      >Computer Forums: > >
      >http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?31993-FS-HP-21MX-Computer-Series
      >
      > I've sent him a PM. Thanks for the heads-up!

      I'm not far from Barnegat. If you should purchase this, I could pick it
      up and deliver it to InfoAge where you could then get it at your leisure.
    • Burning Image
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 5, 2012
        I'm also in South Jersey, Dave.  I have clients I see in Lancaster periodically.  I'm also willing to pick it up or get it from Mike and bring it to Lancaster County, if that works better.

        Or, maybe someone could get it from Lancaster to Harrisburg, then further west and we could have the MARCH Mens' Relay - "From the Shore to the 'Burgh".

        Cory - WA3UVV

        1d. Re: HP 2108A for sale in Barnegat, NJ
            Posted by: "system@..." system@...
            Date: Sat Aug 4, 2012 6:20 pm ((PDT))

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 5, 2012
          On 08/05/2012 08:01 AM, Burning Image wrote:
          > I'm also in South Jersey, Dave. I have clients I see in Lancaster
          > periodically. I'm also willing to pick it up or get it from Mike and
          > bring it to Lancaster County, if that works better.

          Hey Cory, thank you very much, I will take you up on that! It will be
          a big help. Are you close enough to pick it up directly from the seller
          in Barnegat?

          My schedule is generally pretty flexible, but I'm finishing up
          (another) big project at work that has me glued to my desk pretty much
          constantly. That's supposed to ship on Thursday so after that I'm loose
          for a few days. Then I'll be heading down to FL for another truck run,
          should be gone about a week. After THAT I'm much more "loose"
          schedule-wise.

          When are you planning to be in Lancaster next?

          > Or, maybe someone could get it from Lancaster to Harrisburg, then
          > further west and we could have the MARCH Mens' Relay - "From the Shore
          > to the 'Burgh".

          That would be hilarious!

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 5, 2012
            On 08/04/2012 09:18 PM, system@... wrote:
            > I'm not far from Barnegat. If you should purchase this, I could pick it
            > up and deliver it to InfoAge where you could then get it at your leisure.

            Thanks man! Let's see what Cory says; picking it up in the Lancaster
            area would be a big deal on my end since I'm perpetually short of time
            these days.

            That said, I have some stuff to both pick up from and drop off at
            InfoAge, so that will be a workable fallback plan.

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 5, 2012
              I live east of lancaster, 25-35 min.
              --
              Sent from my PDP 8/e.
            • Barry L. Kline
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 6, 2012
                On 08/05/2012 04:42 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:
                > Thanks man! Let's see what Cory says; picking it up in the Lancaster
                > area would be a big deal on my end since I'm perpetually short of time
                > these days.

                It gets better Dave.

                My brother lives in Lancaster and I travel there and through there
                frequently. I live near Altoona, which is 1-2 hours closer to
                Pittsburgh. I'd be willing to pick it up in Lancaster and then meet you
                somewhere between Pittsburgh and Altoona to transfer it to your truck.
                (This assumes that the equipment will fit into a Honda Pilot.)

                Barry