Re: [midatlanticretro] HP 2108A for sale in Barnegat, NJ

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 4, 2012
      On Sat, 4 Aug 2012, Dave McGuire wrote:

      > On 08/04/2012 05:54 PM, Mike Loewen wrote:
      >>
      >> From the Vintage Computer Forums:
      >>
      >> http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?31993-FS-HP-21MX-Computer-Series
      >
      > I've sent him a PM. Thanks for the heads-up!

      Cool. The 2108A is from the older M-series (prior to the E-series),
      circa 1974.

      http://www.hpmuseum.net/display_item.php?hw=108

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 4, 2012
        Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

        >On 08/04/2012 05:54 PM, Mike Loewen wrote: > > From the Vintage
        >Computer Forums: > >
        >http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?31993-FS-HP-21MX-Computer-Series
        >
        > I've sent him a PM. Thanks for the heads-up!

        I'm not far from Barnegat. If you should purchase this, I could pick it
        up and deliver it to InfoAge where you could then get it at your leisure.
      • Burning Image
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 5, 2012
          I'm also in South Jersey, Dave.  I have clients I see in Lancaster periodically.  I'm also willing to pick it up or get it from Mike and bring it to Lancaster County, if that works better.

          Or, maybe someone could get it from Lancaster to Harrisburg, then further west and we could have the MARCH Mens' Relay - "From the Shore to the 'Burgh".

          Cory - WA3UVV

          1d. Re: HP 2108A for sale in Barnegat, NJ
              Posted by: "system@..." system@...
              Date: Sat Aug 4, 2012 6:20 pm ((PDT))

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 5, 2012
            On 08/05/2012 08:01 AM, Burning Image wrote:
            > I'm also in South Jersey, Dave. I have clients I see in Lancaster
            > periodically. I'm also willing to pick it up or get it from Mike and
            > bring it to Lancaster County, if that works better.

            Hey Cory, thank you very much, I will take you up on that! It will be
            a big help. Are you close enough to pick it up directly from the seller
            in Barnegat?

            My schedule is generally pretty flexible, but I'm finishing up
            (another) big project at work that has me glued to my desk pretty much
            constantly. That's supposed to ship on Thursday so after that I'm loose
            for a few days. Then I'll be heading down to FL for another truck run,
            should be gone about a week. After THAT I'm much more "loose"
            schedule-wise.

            When are you planning to be in Lancaster next?

            > Or, maybe someone could get it from Lancaster to Harrisburg, then
            > further west and we could have the MARCH Mens' Relay - "From the Shore
            > to the 'Burgh".

            That would be hilarious!

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 5, 2012
              On 08/04/2012 09:18 PM, system@... wrote:
              > I'm not far from Barnegat. If you should purchase this, I could pick it
              > up and deliver it to InfoAge where you could then get it at your leisure.

              Thanks man! Let's see what Cory says; picking it up in the Lancaster
              area would be a big deal on my end since I'm perpetually short of time
              these days.

              That said, I have some stuff to both pick up from and drop off at
              InfoAge, so that will be a workable fallback plan.

              Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 5, 2012
                I live east of lancaster, 25-35 min.
                --
                Sent from my PDP 8/e.
              • Barry L. Kline
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 6, 2012
                  On 08/05/2012 04:42 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:
                  > Thanks man! Let's see what Cory says; picking it up in the Lancaster
                  > area would be a big deal on my end since I'm perpetually short of time
                  > these days.

                  It gets better Dave.

                  My brother lives in Lancaster and I travel there and through there
                  frequently. I live near Altoona, which is 1-2 hours closer to
                  Pittsburgh. I'd be willing to pick it up in Lancaster and then meet you
                  somewhere between Pittsburgh and Altoona to transfer it to your truck.
                  (This assumes that the equipment will fit into a Honda Pilot.)

                  Barry