HP 2108A for sale in Barnegat, NJ

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 4, 2012
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 4, 2012
        On 08/04/2012 05:54 PM, Mike Loewen wrote:

        > From the Vintage Computer Forums:
        >
        > http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?31993-FS-HP-21MX-Computer-Series

        I've sent him a PM. Thanks for the heads-up!

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 4, 2012
          On Sat, 4 Aug 2012, Dave McGuire wrote:

          > On 08/04/2012 05:54 PM, Mike Loewen wrote:
          >>
          >> From the Vintage Computer Forums:
          >>
          >> http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?31993-FS-HP-21MX-Computer-Series
          >
          > I've sent him a PM. Thanks for the heads-up!

          Cool. The 2108A is from the older M-series (prior to the E-series),
          circa 1974.

          http://www.hpmuseum.net/display_item.php?hw=108

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 4, 2012
            Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

            >On 08/04/2012 05:54 PM, Mike Loewen wrote: > > From the Vintage
            >Computer Forums: > >
            >http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?31993-FS-HP-21MX-Computer-Series
            >
            > I've sent him a PM. Thanks for the heads-up!

            I'm not far from Barnegat. If you should purchase this, I could pick it
            up and deliver it to InfoAge where you could then get it at your leisure.
          • Burning Image
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 5, 2012
              I'm also in South Jersey, Dave.  I have clients I see in Lancaster periodically.  I'm also willing to pick it up or get it from Mike and bring it to Lancaster County, if that works better.

              Or, maybe someone could get it from Lancaster to Harrisburg, then further west and we could have the MARCH Mens' Relay - "From the Shore to the 'Burgh".

              Cory - WA3UVV

              1d. Re: HP 2108A for sale in Barnegat, NJ
                  Posted by: "system@..." system@...
                  Date: Sat Aug 4, 2012 6:20 pm ((PDT))

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 5, 2012
                On 08/05/2012 08:01 AM, Burning Image wrote:
                > I'm also in South Jersey, Dave. I have clients I see in Lancaster
                > periodically. I'm also willing to pick it up or get it from Mike and
                > bring it to Lancaster County, if that works better.

                Hey Cory, thank you very much, I will take you up on that! It will be
                a big help. Are you close enough to pick it up directly from the seller
                in Barnegat?

                My schedule is generally pretty flexible, but I'm finishing up
                (another) big project at work that has me glued to my desk pretty much
                constantly. That's supposed to ship on Thursday so after that I'm loose
                for a few days. Then I'll be heading down to FL for another truck run,
                should be gone about a week. After THAT I'm much more "loose"
                schedule-wise.

                When are you planning to be in Lancaster next?

                > Or, maybe someone could get it from Lancaster to Harrisburg, then
                > further west and we could have the MARCH Mens' Relay - "From the Shore
                > to the 'Burgh".

                That would be hilarious!

                Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 5, 2012
                  On 08/04/2012 09:18 PM, system@... wrote:
                  > I'm not far from Barnegat. If you should purchase this, I could pick it
                  > up and deliver it to InfoAge where you could then get it at your leisure.

                  Thanks man! Let's see what Cory says; picking it up in the Lancaster
                  area would be a big deal on my end since I'm perpetually short of time
                  these days.

                  That said, I have some stuff to both pick up from and drop off at
                  InfoAge, so that will be a workable fallback plan.

                  Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 5, 2012
                    I live east of lancaster, 25-35 min.
                    --
                    Sent from my PDP 8/e.
                  • Barry L. Kline
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 6, 2012
                      On 08/05/2012 04:42 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:
                      > Thanks man! Let's see what Cory says; picking it up in the Lancaster
                      > area would be a big deal on my end since I'm perpetually short of time
                      > these days.

                      It gets better Dave.

                      My brother lives in Lancaster and I travel there and through there
                      frequently. I live near Altoona, which is 1-2 hours closer to
                      Pittsburgh. I'd be willing to pick it up in Lancaster and then meet you
                      somewhere between Pittsburgh and Altoona to transfer it to your truck.
                      (This assumes that the equipment will fit into a Honda Pilot.)

                      Barry