Semi-OT: Sparc IPC in Fairfax, Va.

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2012
      Got a message about an early 1990s Sun Sparc IPX available to a good home. It's in Fairfax, Va.; reply to him (George) directly if interested: gm.vtee@... -- He added: "The machine works, last time I checked. It is not running vintage software though, a version of OpenBSD is installed. I realize you probably get lots of offers of this kind of stuff, but I'd love for it to go to a good home."
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2012
        On 08/03/2012 06:17 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > Got a message about an early 1990s Sun Sparc IPX available to a good home. It's in Fairfax, Va.; reply to him (George) directly if interested: gm.vtee@... -- He added: "The machine works, last time I checked. It is not running vintage software though, a version of OpenBSD is installed. I realize you probably get lots of offers of this kind of stuff, but I'd love for it to go to a good home."

        One of these (well I guess two of them) was my desktop machine, both
        at home and at work, for years. They are great little boxes. I have
        enough for my purposes, so I hope this one goes to a good home. If
        anyone here gets it and needs any help, I'm intimately familiar with
        their ins & outs.

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2012
          On Fri, 3 Aug 2012, Evan Koblentz wrote:

          > Got a message about an early 1990s Sun Sparc IPX available to a good
          > home. It's in Fairfax, Va.; reply to him (George) directly if
          > interested: gm.vtee@... -- He added: "The machine works, last time
          > I checked. It is not running vintage software though, a version of
          > OpenBSD is installed. I realize you probably get lots of offers of this
          > kind of stuff, but I'd love for it to go to a good home."

          If you contact him, make sure you ask if it's an IPC or an IPX (both
          models appear in Evan's message). The IPX is faster.

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...