Re: MP3 of our HOPE lecture

  • joshbensadon
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2012

      > Here's official audio of me and Degnan's HOPE session:
      >
      > http://c3455205.r5.cf0.rackcdn.com/HN9B14.mp3

      Thanks Evan & Bill, I listened to it twice and enjoyed it very much. You are both very good speakers.

      If I may offer a little comment.

      Bill,
      Although there were pictures that I did not see by only listening to the .mp3, there were some computers that you only mentioned the name once and then went on about them for a few minutes. I like how Evan would repeat the computer's name 2 or 3 times, that made it easier to remember which computer he was talking about.

      Evan, I think you could take a little more time to say what MARCH stands for, it sounded like you were rushing through your words as if everyone already understood it and it was just a formality. Sounded like "Mi-Alant-reto-compter". Ok perhaps not that blurred, but still, it didn't deliver the pride you deserve for this great group.

      PS. I "boo'd" when you mentioned MS.

      :) Josh
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2012
        >> listened to it twice

        Wow, that's humbling ... and crazy. :)

        >> You are both very good speakers.

        Thank you.

        >> Evan, I think you could take a little more time to say what MARCH stands for

        It was on our slides. But you're correct: sometimes I do not enunciate.

        I hope video is available soon. Last time, there were underground posts... Anybody have time to hunt?