Re: [midatlanticretro] RESISTORS/MARCH PDP8

  • David Gesswein
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2012
      On Wed, Aug 01, 2012 at 01:37:03AM +0000, Evan Koblentz wrote:
      > Some vintage pictures of the RESISTORS / MARCH PDP-8:
      >
      > http://www.snarc.net/pdp8b.jpg

      Looks like they had some equipment interfaced to it on the right. I think I
      have seen a piece of equipment like the one between the person and the scope
      but not sure what it is now, thinking it may be a counter. I don't remember
      seeing it or the rack backplanes when we picked up the machine. Some of the
      items in the first picture I remember seeing.

      If you have seen it was any of the text readable in the original photo?
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012
        On 07/31/2012 09:37 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > Some vintage pictures of the RESISTORS / MARCH PDP-8:
        >
        > http://www.snarc.net/pdp8a.jpg
        >
        > http://www.snarc.net/pdp8b.jpg

        Great! And hey, a Tek 545A! I used one of those for many years.
        Fantastic scope, with one of the most interesting vertical amplifier
        designs I've ever seen.

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012
          I have the slides to match the HOPE presentation Evan and I did about portables, if you're looking to enhance the MP3. Link is on my vintagecomputer.net site home page.

          Sent from my PDP 8/e.
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012