RESISTORS/MARCH PDP8

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2012
      Some vintage pictures of the RESISTORS / MARCH PDP-8:

      http://www.snarc.net/pdp8a.jpg

      http://www.snarc.net/pdp8b.jpg
    • David Gesswein
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 31, 2012
        On Wed, Aug 01, 2012 at 01:37:03AM +0000, Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > Some vintage pictures of the RESISTORS / MARCH PDP-8:
        >
        > http://www.snarc.net/pdp8b.jpg

        Looks like they had some equipment interfaced to it on the right. I think I
        have seen a piece of equipment like the one between the person and the scope
        but not sure what it is now, thinking it may be a counter. I don't remember
        seeing it or the rack backplanes when we picked up the machine. Some of the
        items in the first picture I remember seeing.

        If you have seen it was any of the text readable in the original photo?
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012
          On 07/31/2012 09:37 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
          > Some vintage pictures of the RESISTORS / MARCH PDP-8:
          >
          > http://www.snarc.net/pdp8a.jpg
          >
          > http://www.snarc.net/pdp8b.jpg

          Great! And hey, a Tek 545A! I used one of those for many years.
          Fantastic scope, with one of the most interesting vertical amplifier
          designs I've ever seen.

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012
            I have the slides to match the HOPE presentation Evan and I did about portables, if you're looking to enhance the MP3. Link is on my vintagecomputer.net site home page.

            Sent from my PDP 8/e.
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012