Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: How far would you drive to p/u a rare vintage puter?

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 4 6:22 PM
      no its not, unless youre willing to drive to Lake
      George, ahem, for me. I also dont know anyone up that
      way. Hence my response. And Id have to say thats a
      peculiar reply to a post thats largely a goof. Ill
      respond further offlist when I have the oppurtunity.
      --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      <chrism3667@...>
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > --- evan <evan@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > I agree with Kelly -- "it depends" is the
      answer.

      > > > First variable -- how bad do I want it?
      > >
      > > Ok, you want it REALLY REALLY BAD!
      > >
      > > > Second variable -- can't they ship it?
      > >
      > > NOT ALLOWED! The question wouldn't be coming up
      if it
      > > was that easy.
      > >
      > > > Third variable -- can we use a middleman?
      > >
      > > CUT OUT THE MIDDLEMAN! Also invalid.
      >

      > Hmm... I seem to remember bringing a certain Digtal
      system from
      > Pearl River to InfoAge, just so you could have
      access to it...

      > I had no interest in the machine, but because I was
      closer to it
      > than you, I was willing to "relay" it.
      >
      > So I think your answer to #2 is "INVALID".
      >
      > -John M.
      >

      > To all: I still think that having people doing
      pickups close to home
      > then arranging a "relay" is more effective than
      everyone driving
      > everywhere individually. Would depend on whether
      everyone can
      > cooperate, and if people can resist grabbing things
      for themselves.

      > If anyone needs a pickup in Northern NJ and
      subsequent "relay" to
      > the south or west, let me know. If I have the time,
      I'll participate

      http://mail.yahoo.com