Re: [midatlanticretro] Oldest operational hardware

    Message 1 of 33 , Jul 30, 2012
      On 07/30/2012 10:35 PM, B. Degnan wrote:

      >>> The chassis is dated '70.

      >>> Not anymore. I think there are a few left in there, but many of
      > them
      >>> were replaced over the years. I still have them though.
      >>
      >> (sent too soon)
      >>
      >> I have four 8/e systems here (including an 8/m, I classify them as the
      >> same because they mostly are) and I've swapped parts around a lot. They
      >> were only "old" (meaning "passe'", not "antique") when I got them, so I
      >> never really thought about them from an "original equipment"
      > perspective.
      >
      > sigh, I only have the one 8e. It's not a '70. More like 72-74 I think.
      > :-)

      There's not really a whole lot of difference.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • David Gesswein
      Message 33 of 33 , Jul 31, 2012
        On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 02:39:45AM +0000, Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > >> I only have the one 8e. It's not a '70. More like 72-74 I think.
        >
        > What year is MARCH's? Or: Where on the chassis do I look to find out?

        Yours didn't have any external label with the date that I can remember. On
        the backplanes one was labeled I think 1970 and the other was a couple
        years later. It also had one 3 digit processor card. It may have been
        bought as a single backplane machine and upgrade or they had to replace
        a bad backplane.