Re: [midatlanticretro] Oldest operational hardware

    Message 1 of 33 , Jul 30, 2012
      On 07/30/2012 09:57 PM, David Gesswein wrote:
      > On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 02:10:18PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
      >>
      >> My oldest running system is a DEC PDP-8/e, built in 1970.
      >>
      > Is yours actually that old or is that the model introduction date?

      The chassis is dated '70.

      > If its that old does it have the 3 digit M8xx cards?

      Not anymore. I think there are a few left in there, but many of them
      were replaced over the years. I still have them though.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • David Gesswein
      Message 33 of 33 , Jul 31, 2012
        On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 02:39:45AM +0000, Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > >> I only have the one 8e. It's not a '70. More like 72-74 I think.
        >
        > What year is MARCH's? Or: Where on the chassis do I look to find out?

        Yours didn't have any external label with the date that I can remember. On
        the backplanes one was labeled I think 1970 and the other was a couple
        years later. It also had one 3 digit processor card. It may have been
        bought as a single backplane machine and upgrade or they had to replace
        a bad backplane.